A world which affords individuals & groups fair treatment and an impartial share of the benefits of society'.was the dream of one of the greatest socio-economic reformers of his time, Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar.His initatives have influenced various spheres of life ans transformed the way India looks at soci-economic and legal incentives.
Memorandum of Association
The name of society shall be Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Foundation, Jaipur (hereinafter referred to as BRAF) and it shall be a self-governing society.
BRAF shall be fully responsible for its governance in all matters pertaining to its administration and finances and also be responsible for conducting its programmes of research, etc.
The Registered Office of the Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Foundation shall be situated at jaipur in such premises as BRAF may decide from time to time. At present, the temporary office of BRAF is located in Village Mundla, Tehsil Jamvaramgarh, Jaipur.
The objectives for which BRAF is established ar as follows:
- To establish and develop a center of excellence by involving specialists as well as activists from the social sciences and other cognate fields in understanding and analyzing the problems of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and process of development with special reference to Rajasthan and to evolve long term strategies and plans of a multi-disciplinary nature for talking their problems.
- To study the phenomenon of socio-economic inequality, disability and discrimination arising out of the caste system in their various aspects.
- To study the work of various thinkers and social reformers who have made a significant contribution in the area of development and empowerment of socially disadvantaged groups with special reference to the thought and work of Dr. Ambedkar.
- To emerge as a center to spread the message of Dr. Ambedkar in the rural and urban areas and thereby create an atmosphere of harmony and goodwill among the different castes/communities to establish a caste-leass society.
- To provide a well equipped center of learning to intellectuals, academicians and students and to undertake studies and research with the intention to understand, assess and disseminate ideas and thoughts of Dr. Ambedkarparticularly on subjects like social equality,economics,political science,sociology, Buddhism, philosophy, constitutional studies,education, social work, law, himan rights and otherdisciplines considered relevant to attain the nation goal of social justice.In achieving this objective,BRAF will undertake research and higher studies concerning the socio-economic and cultural life of the marginlized groups and other weaker sections of the society as well as marginalized groups and other weaker sections of the society as well as gender discrimination.
- To encourage and promote through award or otherwise, active participation of individuals, groups or bodies, in areasof work related to the removal of social disparities and empowerment of under-privileged groups.
- To serve as a centre of learning and research on the issues concerning the socio-economic and cultural life of the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and also to address the processes of liberalization,privatization, and globalization and their impact on them and society in general.
- To establish a Dr. Ambedkar Chair in BRAF with the financial support of UGC, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India as the case may be.
- To award fellowships specific in the field of Sociology, History, PoliticalScience, Economics, Philosophy, Law, etc. Like:
- Khawaja Moinnuddin Chisti Fellowship on the study of Sufism.
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Fellowship on the study of Social Revolution.
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Fellowship for the study of Socialistic Pattern of Society.
- Mahatma Gandhi Fellowship on Gandhian Studies.
To focus upon the ideas and concepts propounded by Dr, Ambedkar like:
a) Influences that shaped Dr. Ambedkar's vision
b) His social and economic vision of a just society
c) Riddles of Hinduism
d) The annihilation of the caste system and the search of a healthy social order
e) The problem of untouchability and its eradication
f) His thoughts on the Poona Pact and the creation of Pakistan
g) His ideas on the hindu Code and Women.
h) His concept of history and of rationalism
i) His concept of social democracy, state socialism, social justice and human dignity
k) His thoughts of linguistic states
l) His thoughts of a true.
m) A general assessment of Dr. Ambedkar's humanism, realism, pragmatism, foresightedness and vision toword the promotion of a harmonious social order and creation of a living civilization.
- To seek cooperation from educational or other institutions having objectives whooly or partly simiar to those of BRFA.
- To collaborate with and seek the cooperation of the Central Government and of other states in the promotion of the objective of BRFA.
- To assist in developing academic, creatve and literary interaction activities and understanding the views of Dr. Ambedkar through studies and research .
- To strive to emerge as a Center for providing and seeking regional, national and international cooperation with various centers,institutions, organizations , academies, etc in the field of social and economic activities.
To project national and international the contribution of Dr. Ambedkar in national building through:
(a) Organizing of and participation in national and international seminars/ symposia /workshops and other scholarly and creative activities,
(b) Its own publications of various types,
(c) Producing television programmes,
(d) Developing a museum on Dr. Ambedkar's life, struggle and contribution,
(e) Funding by Government of Rajasthan and BRAF generated funds and seekin financial assistance from national, bilateral, multilateral and other institutions and organzations that striveto promote social harmony,
(f) Offering Fellowship(s) including Visiting Fellowship to highlight Dr. Ambedkar's work.
- To strive for the inclusion of the profile of Dr. Ambedkar in the curriculum of school education and also the inroduction of optional paper(s)/course(s) in social sciences and cognate fields related to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes issues,social movements, developments in Rajasthan, for scholars in the colleges of Rajasthan and officials engaged in planning, project formulation and their implementation in fields related to the development of the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes.
- To explore the ideas and information on the problems of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes in Rajasthan in a more comprehensive way.
- To evaluate all activities, programmes and policies that may assist in promoting the development of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes launched by both the Central and State Governments.
- To acquire assistance of UGC, ICSSR and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of india in the from of Junior Research Fellow(JRF), Senior Research Fellow (SRF), Teachers Research Fellowship (TRF) , Research Award , Doctorate Fellowship, Dr. Ambedkar
- National Fellowship, etc. To do research on problems ralating to the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes issues.
- To provide consultancy and advise to the Government of Rajasthan and other interested organizations in the areas of development and empowerment of socially disadvantaged groups.
- To disseminate through the media the ideas and thoughts of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar particularly on subjects like amelioration of the socio-economic and education conditions of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes,women ,etc as considered relevant for the attainment of the national goals of social justice.
4. First Governing Council
- The Governing Council of BRAF shall, except the first Governing Council for which provision has been made in Section 2 of the Societies Registration Act ,1958, consist of:
- The ex-officio members of the Government Council shall continue to be members as long as they hold their office and shall cease to be member as soon as they cease to hold such office.
- Members at (1) to (7) and (15) shall be ex-officio members and members at (8) to (14) shall be nominated by the Chairperson of the Govening Council and their term shall be for three years. Such
member(s) shall be eligible for re-nomination for one more term.
A nominated of the Governing Council shall cease to be a member if the :
(a) Member dies,
(b) Member resigns,
(c) Membership is terminated at any time by the Governing Council if such person is found guilty of violating the rules and regulation or action against the aims and objectives of BRAF.
- Resignation from the Membership of the Governing Council shall be tendered to the Director General and shall not become effective unless it has been accepted by the Governing Council, and
- Casual vacancies in BRAF (or in any of its Committees) caused by resignation, incapacity, death or otherwise shall be filled up by the Chairperson of the Governing Council. Persons appointed in the vacancy shall hold office only for the unexpired period of that Member.
- We, the undersigned members of the first Governing Council of the Society namely Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Foundation, Jaipur, whose names and addresses are here-under are desirous of framing a society namely “Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Foundation, Jaipur” under the Rajasthan Societies Registration Act, 1958, in the pursuance of this Memorandum of Association of BRAF.
|1.||Chief Minister of Rajasthan||Chairperson (Ex-officio)|
|2.||Minister, Art, Literature & Culture, Government of Rajasthan||Vice-Chairperson (Ex-officio)|
|3.||Director General, Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Foundation||Member (Ex-officio)|
|4.||Principal Secretary, Department of Art, Literature & Culture, Government of Rajasthan||Member (Ex-officio)|
|5.||Principal Secretary, Social Justice and Empowerment Department, Government of Rajasthan||Member (Ex-officio)|
|6.||Principal Secretary, Higher Education, Government of Rajasthan.||Member (Ex-officio)|
|7.||Finance Secretary, Government of Rajasthan.||Member (Ex-officio)|
|8.||Two eminent SC/ST academicians specializing in fields related to Dr. Ambedkar's work||Nominated members|
|9.||Two social scientists, working or retired, from Universities||Nominated members|
|10.||Two members from NGOs working in Rajasthan in the field of social justice, human rights and atrocities.||Nominated members|
|11.||One representative from UGC||Nominated members|
|12.||Two members from reputed scientists/ technocrats/doctors/engineers/professionals,etc.||Nominated members|
|13.||One retired member of RHJS, not below the rank of DJ.||Nominated members|
|14.||A women member representing||Nominated members|
|15.||Secretary, BRAF||Member Secretary (Ex-officio)|
First Governing Council
|Smt. Vasundhara Raje||Chief Minister of Rajasthan||8, Civil Lines, Jaipur||Chairperson|
|Smt. Usha Punia||Minisre, Art and Culture, Govt. Of Rajasthan||Vice Chairperson|
|Sh. S. Ahmed||Principal Secretary, Art and Culture, Govt. Of Rajasthan||1/53, D-722 Gandhi Nager, Jaipur||Member|
|Smt. Malvika Panwar||Principal Secretary, Social Justice and Empowerment, Rajasthan Secretariat, Jaipur||Member|
|Sh. Atul Kumar Garg||Principal Secretary, Higher Education, Govt. Of Rajasthan||Member|
|Sh. Subhash Garg||Secretary Finance, Rajasthan Secretariat, Jaipur||Member|
|Sh. Lekh Raj Tosawara||Secretary, Ambedkar Peet, Jaipur||M-Block, Old MREC Campus Gandhi Nagar, Jaipur||Member Secretary|